
I love nicknames. My mom names all of her girls so that they wouldn't have them as our 'names'. I understand that. I really liked that growing up ... and I love all 3 of our names - Gretchen, Heather, and Adriane - not common names.
Funny, I named my girl something that I wanted her to have as her 'name' .. and it's a nickname. "Annie" She is such an Annie ... when I do call her Anna Catherine (and put the fear of god in her) ... it just doesn't fit her.
But ... tonight I want to talk about my sweet"T man". Ever since Tucker was a baby ... he has had more nicknames than I could remember. Tonight as I was cleaning up the kitchen, he came in to talk to me and sat on a stool at the bar. We started talking about nicknames. He asked me why people call people nicknames ... how do you explain "term of endearment" to a 6 year old? I don't know .. but, I think he got it.
His most common nickname is "Tuck". His sweet little guy friends in the neighborhood call him that .. "Tuck! Tuck! Throw it to me!" - love to hear that. He told me tonight that his teacher asked him if she could call him "Tuck" ... love that.
So, we went thru and tried to think of all of his nicknames. Here are some:
Tuck, Tuckman, Tuckerman, "T", Tman, Tdaddy, T-Bone (that's his daddy's name for him), Toodles .....
He is such a fun guy. He's a serious first born - ultra competitive - a lot like his mom and his dad. He is coordinated and I absolutely LOVe to hear him belly laugh. It's rare .. but, such a fun thing to hear it when it happens.
To you sweet Tuck ....
Love, Mom
3 comments:
i am laughing at your first couple of sentences bc my mom was the exact same way! at Prov my nickname became "tays." mom used to always say, " i named you TAYLOR because i think it's such a pretty name, i didn't name you tays!" i would always laugh...
i happen to love nicknames. only people that closely know and love a person, call them by a nickname...that makes nicknames special. a term of endearment, just like you said!
Now that makes me feel bad that I reminded you of what Tuck rhymes with when you told me the name...Love him and love his sweet nickname! So sorry!!!
Love your blog -
"Crusty"
What about "Mr. Buddy"?
Post a Comment