Sunday, May 11, 2008

To My Mom..


If you have met my mom (and most of you have!), I bet you enjoyed her. I have heard some of my friends say that they wish their mom was more like mine.


My mom wasn't the room parent in my elementary school - but I always knew she loved me.
My mom wasn't my best friend in highschool - she didn't buy into the fad about being 'best friends' with your child.
My mom wasn't always buying me new clothes or giving me everything I wanted - she knew that I would need to learn the value of material goods.


My mom was an example. She was the woman in our house full of girls.
She taught me that friends will come and go, but to invest in your family.
She taught me that it doesn't pay to talk bad about someone, b/c you never know when they may re-enter your life.
She taught me that 'things are always better in the morning'.
She taught me to not be so trusting with boys - and to stand up for myself.
She taught me the fine art of forgiveness - the kind that came back to help me later in my life when I needed to give it out and I didn't want to... or know how.
She taught me that we please the Lord, not others.
She taught me to be myself - to be confident in myself.
She taught me that it's OK to fail - just get up and don't feel sorry for yourself.


Everyday, I find myself sounding more like her. The things I ask of my children. The expectations I have on myself and Tommy as a couple. The way I approach life ...


This woman is a woman who showed me what it is to be a godly, forgiving, trusting, loving wife.


She is now one of my best friends.


Happy Mothers Day mom.


I love you!


"Heather-Weather"

4 comments:

Cstargel said...

I am so blessed to know your mom!!! She is definitely someone I strive to be like! Thanks for sharing Heather!

Abby Maddox said...

Thanks so much for your sweet message on my blog. Your family is precious and your mom sounds like a mighty woman!

kristen said...

absolute sweetness!

paige said...

that is so beautiful heather!
what a legacy!!

hey,i'm totally on for a locals blog party--of course, i'll be the old lady with the grey hair! but i'll try to make up for it & wear some hip jeans!
what a treat it would be to meet you in person!

hugs