Today is Tommy's birthday. I won't tell you how old he is ... b/c he isn't liking this whole getting older thing.
Today on the way to take T to the bus, I started thinking a very strange thought. What if God asked me to choose ... "you or Tommy? one of you has to come home to Me. you decide. who is it going to be?" I thought about the nurturing part that I provide to our kids. I thought about the order I provide to our schedule. I thought about the 'wife' stuff that I take care of ....and how that may (or may not!) benefit our kiddos. Then, I thought about what an incredible dad he is .. and what a huge void that would be for our kids. Tucker has so much knowledge about life because of he and Tommy's talks. Annie seeks his approval on every level. My kids would not have had Charlotte's Web read to them. My T wouldn't know his state capitals. T wouldn't have his dad there on the ball field with him for every game and every practice. Annie wouldn't have a dance partner or anyone to sing the boy parts of every single Disney song. My kids wouldn't have Highschool Musical on the iPod or every other Disney song available to them. My kids wouldn't have a dad pray with them at night ... My kids wouldn't have a person there to chill out an OCD mom with schedules and bedtimes. My kids wouldn't have a dad around who loves them more than himself. And, I wouldn't have someone around to watch mindless television and not think anything of wasting a whole night just sitting around ....
Today on the way to take T to the bus, I started thinking a very strange thought. What if God asked me to choose ... "you or Tommy? one of you has to come home to Me. you decide. who is it going to be?" I thought about the nurturing part that I provide to our kids. I thought about the order I provide to our schedule. I thought about the 'wife' stuff that I take care of ....and how that may (or may not!) benefit our kiddos. Then, I thought about what an incredible dad he is .. and what a huge void that would be for our kids. Tucker has so much knowledge about life because of he and Tommy's talks. Annie seeks his approval on every level. My kids would not have had Charlotte's Web read to them. My T wouldn't know his state capitals. T wouldn't have his dad there on the ball field with him for every game and every practice. Annie wouldn't have a dance partner or anyone to sing the boy parts of every single Disney song. My kids wouldn't have Highschool Musical on the iPod or every other Disney song available to them. My kids wouldn't have a dad pray with them at night ... My kids wouldn't have a person there to chill out an OCD mom with schedules and bedtimes. My kids wouldn't have a dad around who loves them more than himself. And, I wouldn't have someone around to watch mindless television and not think anything of wasting a whole night just sitting around ....
I'm not sure that can be replaced......
So, here are a few things that Tommy is.
A wonderful father....
A loving husband....
A family man .....
A great friend.....
Happy Birthday sweets! Looking forward to celebrating many more years with you!









7 comments:
precious blog. happy birthday tommy! i love being a part of your lives and getting to see us all get older together. i am so thankful for marrying adam and joining this great group of friends. you all are family.
i love how your brain thinks heather with all your great stories.
have a great birthday night!!!
erin
i love all the pics, too. may be my fav pic of u and tommy.
thank you sweet sweet heather for your precious words you left for me.....
wish your wonderful hubby a wonderful day
What a sweet post! Sounds like you got quite a catch! Good to see YOU on the blog too! I want to hear more about this Disney audition!!!
Please tell Tommy the Stargels are giving him a big Birthday Shout out from Roswell!
Happy Birthday Tommy!!!
And Heather you are too sweet to offer monogramming!!! I really do need to ramp it up don't I???
Happy Birthday to Tommy! I love the pictures too. Btw..... It was kind of a wedding from the 30's or 40's. You would have to see my whole dress and Matt's vest and the bridesmaids dresses to get the hat. Anyway... Why worry with a veil and hair : )??
Love ya girl,
Rox
Post a Comment