Thursday, May 1, 2008

I'm It!

Ok, I've never been tagged before, so here it goes.... thanks T for tagging me!

What were you doing 10 years ago?
I was 'just married' living in the 'hood on Jimmy Carter Blvd (JCB). I was busy coming home from work, making yummy dinners for my new husband, trying to please him at every turn (you know what i mean [wink]), and figuring out what this 'wife' role means. Not much has changed, huh T? hee. hee.

5 Things on my to-do List:
I have different To-DO lists ... like one for today and one for future ...so, here it goes.

1. Take A.C. to the dentist [check. I am writing this blog in the waiting room] to get fillings done. Lovely - she is getting laughing gas. I wish I could hear the conversation.
2. Go to the Park to meet T and his little kindergarten friends for a picnic.
3. Get T's haircut - he currently resembles Jim Carey from Dumb and Dumber thanks to his last haircut. (hee, I love you though T)
4. Empty the dishwasher (HATE to do this .... )
5. Pick up fixins for margaritas since we are celebrating Uno de Mayo at my parent's house tonight! CAN'T WAIT!

5 Snacks I enjoy:
Oh boy! Have you SEEN me? I like all snacks. I'll try and narrow it down:
1. Gummy stuff (dinos, bears, worms - you name it. no wonder my child has 6 cavities!)
2. Crab dip with crackers
3. Pretzels with honey mustard (Prefer soft pretzels, but will take hard)
4. Fudgesicles
5. Cheez-Its

5 Places I've Lived:
Wow. This is boring.
1. Atlanta, GA
2. Auburn, AL
3. Duluth, GA
4. Tucker, GA
5. Alpharetta, GA
(4 out of 5 are about 12 miles from each other ---- )

5 Bad Habits:
1. Eating what I shouldn't (see 5 snacks I like)
2. Picking my split ends
3. Rolling my eyes at Tommy
4. Not calling people back (sorry! at least I can admit it!)
5. Wasting time on the internet when I should be playing games with my kids or spending time with my husband.

5 Places I've worked:
1. Paul Harris at North Dekalb Mall
2. The Loop Resturant (learned how to make croutons there! YUM!)
3. Emory Healthcare
4. Parkway Baptist Preschool (one year was enough for me there)
5. Peachtree Gynecology - best boss in the world. Let's me work from home.

5 Things I'd do if I was a billionare:
1. Pay off debt
2. Put money away for retirement
3. Pay for both of my kid's education (elementary thru highschool) outright at Providence
4. Get a new roof, update my kitchen (extend it out a bit), redo our basement, landscape the backyard including an awesome deck and outdoor kitchen, have my entire house repainted inside and out - new gutters as well.
5. By an aparment in NYC and go there all the time :)

Who else will you tag for this?
Christy S. and Mindy Mac.
i would tag others of you, but you only stalk around here and don't ;have your own blog! YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE! :) :) :) :)

6 comments:

Rox said...

Well, I don't stalk.. I actually comment on occasion and I do have my own blog! : ) I will pretend you tagged me and I will post on my blog.. K?... K (heehee)
Loves Ya bunches,
Rox

TMB said...

yes!! love your list...

...our apt's in NYC can be next to each other, and we can go up and go on shopping sprees together...

so fun!!

Cstargel said...

Oh I'm all over this...but heading out of town to see my sister in about an hour in a half - Will do it this weekend or when I return! Have a good one!!!

ers said...

good job. poor annie with the cavities. give her some of my food. i am making brownies at the moment, and just liked the bowl that i will getting solmonilla poisioning (sp?) from.
love you. erin

MindyMac said...

Heather, I'm in! I will post my answers soon!

Toom said...

OK, usually, I just read what the girls say, but I have to jump in.

You get a billion dollars and this is what you came up with?

Basically, you just spent $2 million (that includes a really nice NY apartment) with $998,000,000 saved for retirement.

1. I'm assuming Providence's annual budget is around $6 million. Give the school $100,000,000 - they payoff debt, triple teachers' salaries, and no one ever has to pay tuition again. Of course, it suddenly becomes really selective, but you get the picture.

2. New roof, kitchen, etc. How about ... put the house on the market. When someone comes along who really loves our house and wants to buy it, you just give it to them. Then you buy something like this. http://www.atlantapros.com/Nav.aspx/Page=http://sandykoza.listingware.com/search/index.cfm?Reciprocity=Yes%26Advanced=Yes%26MinPrice=300000%26MaxPrice=500000%26MaxRows=20

3. Apartment in NY sounds good. Also, http://www.vailrealestate.com/propertydetail.cfm?PropertyID=23376
And: http://realestate.aipfl.com/details.cfm?id=823

Plus you have to get there:

http://www.gulfstream.com/