Wednesday, May 21, 2008

History Repeats .....

30 years ago at this time, a little boy named Tommy was the ringmaster in his Kindergarten circus.


Today, his son was the Ringmaster in the Kindergarten circus of his own.


I must admit that I had never heard of a Kindergarten circus, and the fact that both of the boys in my life have been the ringmaster is quite a neat thing.

T did a FABULOUS job with all of his lines and really worked hard on his voice inflection. I was a proud mom. People kept coming up to me and telling me what a great job he did - he really may have the stage knack that his dad has. He owned the stage - he conquered a fear.



Much more than the circus was the Leadership award that he was awarded by his sweet sweet teacher. T is an August birthday and we made the decision to hold him back and start him his 6th year. Not for intelligence reasons, but more for the path ahead and who can argue that it is better to be the OLDEST in the class, rather than the youngest? Turns out there are 3 boys in his class born w/in a month of him.



Kindergarten was a no brainer for me. I was happy with his school. OVERJOYED about his teacher and so excited for him to finally start. The sad thing is that it is OVER. He is starting grade school next year! He is turning into such a neat little person - and I'm so proud of him.
So, I'd like to say that it is quite a thrill living in a house with 2 ringmasters ......
*I am trying to upload a video, but blogger AND Youtube are giving me fits.

4 comments:

MindyMac said...

I remember being a clown in the first grade circus, and it was the time of my life! How much fun! Congrats to T on his award!

kpb said...

PRECIOUS!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to conncet moments like that with my two guys!

Me on Metatrophin said...

There's a book called "Miss Bindergarten has a Circus with Kindergarten." Miss B is a dog, and all of her students are cute little animals. You should read it to your son! It's cool that his dad was the ringmaster, too!! They look alike, too! Suellen (KPB's college friend)

Cstargel said...

You have a BIG kid!! Don't even talk to me when Lawson goes to Kindergarten much less First Grade! I'll probably be crying the entire year!