
They are getting harder. Our oldest is getting older and the questions are getting harder. I know there are more to come.
I remember the days of "Mommy? What does F-O-R-D spell?" .... oh! that's easy! That spells FORD! Or what about ... "Mommy? What does awkward mean?" ok, a little more in depth - That means uncomfortable, it doesn't feel good, it doesn't LOOK good ...something is just wrong about it.
So, Tommy and I were talking about baptism the other night. And, wondering about teachers at our christian school -- do they put their own doctrine into their lessons? So what if one of them believes that you must be baptised to get into heaven .... are they going to teach my children that? Hopefully, they are going to give them both sides and let them determine their own view ... their own belief system.
So, as we are talking about it .... T asks us ... "What does baptism mean?"
Ewwwwww! Yikes ... Um, I'm gonna let daddy handle that one.
I must brag on my husband and tell you that he referenced the catechism questions that T knows. He explained new life. He explained Jesus and John the Baptist.
I was SO proud of him. So proud that he has learned to explain something very hard on a level that a 7 year old can understand.
I know that the questions are going to get harder and harder. So, all you young moms - PRAY so hard that you will know the answers best suited .... cause I can tell you - these people are sponges and impressionable. And, I'm just so happy that Tommy explained it with the preface that "Your mommy and I believe ...." - cause in my opinion so many people accept what their parents say as the truth - and never really understand why they believe what they believe.
Your belief is your own. Know what you believe so you can defend it.
2 comments:
I know what you mean! We pass this house everyday that has all kinds of halloween decorations in the yard and they have a scary looking bride and groom (skeletons maybe?) to which my child asked me "mommy, why would getting married by scary?"....I replied "well it could be very scary if you marry the wrong person!"
Girlie you rock! When I grow up I want to be you!! : ) LOL That was a great post.
Roxanne
Post a Comment