I did need to share this conversation that I had with my 2 precious cargo in the car yesterday. I got a new sticker for the back of my car .... and the kids are just SO in tune to the stickers on people's cars ...who they are voting for. So, thanks to a mean person in a parking lot - my kids have turned into QUITE the political munchkins.
T: Why do people like McCain?
Me: Well, there are several reasons. He has a lot of experience in Washington D.C. He has the same type of morals that we have. He believes that if you work hard and put away money - that money is yours - he doesn't to give it to other people who haven't worked as hard who don't deserve our money. (sorry. I know it's telling how I feel)
A: Why do people like Obama?
Me: Um, well, because he is going to do things differently than President Bush. People are looking for someone to bring some different ideas.
***** thoughtful pauses.
T: Well, I like McCain b/c he is old. And that tells me that he knows more. And, I don't like how Obama talks. His voice is weird.
A: Well, I like McCain b/c I like his hair. It is full. And, he kinda reminds me of Doe Doe.
[Doe Doe is my dad!]
So, just b/c she obviously LOVES her Doe Doe more than life ... that is why she likes McCain. T's answer probably is more intelligent than a lot of people who are coming out of the wood work to vote for Obama.
Anyway ... just a picture b/c I don't like to post without one. Here is A's own personal McCain grandfather..... Dad, you look nothing like McCain - but I think she thinks McCain looks like a sweet grandfather - and that is what she sees in you.

3 comments:
Sweet, sweet post. And I agree, go vote and get it over with. I am tired of all the stuff too ! : ) I just posted a new one too. Check it out.
Miss you girlie : )
xoxo
Rox
wish pollers could read this before they vote!
again....tears....I'm an obviously very emotional pregnant person right now....AND I love doe doe.
Post a Comment