Sunday we had an old fashioned "go to Grandma's" house afternoon. That is not the norm in my house - we always convened at my parent's house. We felt a little redneckish just b/c of the time of day we went to eat ... the fact that we were all joining together on a beautiful Sunday afternoon. I don't know .... some of you this is the norm - and now that I am trying to explain it, it doesn't sound redneck - but, we all had the same feeling -- it was just different. REALLY good, just different.
We went to Red Lobster afterwards to complete our redneck afternoon..... and we actually liked it. My entire family had boycotted it b/c the service is bad, the food is abnormally expensive for 'unfresh' seafood - and we have just had MANY bad experiences there. But, they redeemed themselves and we actually had a great time. So, 13 years later ... we have decided that we will go back again ... at some point.
Anyway, here are some pics - I'm suffering from a slight fever, stuffy head, and ear aches ...so, I apologize for not more enthusiasm. You'll have to let the pics do the talking......
my mom and dad with the kiddos
my mom and dad with the kiddos
Aunt A was at grandma's house! and she is SHOWING!!! we cannot WAIT to find out what baby Green is going to be!!!! 4 weeks!!!
we just thought it was fitting that THIS was the backdrop for all of our pictures at Red Lobster...... why? you ask ... did i have my camera? i have no idea, but the hostess at RL told my mom that we were having a photo shoot ... nice. Right there outside the front door of the RL ..... with the blue truck in the background .... 





5 comments:
You look smockin hot. your hair looks like you have extensions. have i not seen you that long that your hair has grown so long.(and i think you took time to blow dry it and straighten.hot mama)
i can not wait to see you. smooch.
Hands down, the most hilariously random, and yes, "redneck" post I've read today!:) Sad that I missed the Red Lobster experience. I can only imagine all the boys trying to out-do each other with the current "Shrimp Extravaganza" going on right now!:) I love you. And, yes, I agree with Erin-- you look SMOKIN'!! So proud of you, pretty sister!
AD:)
Can I 3rd that?!!!
YOU ARE GORGEOUS!!!! And, thankfully - not redneck at all! ;)
xo,
m
Ay Caramba! You can't tell it but Gretchen's car looks like it is ready to make a 'run for the border' with the 36 inch wide wheels and all the stickers.
cracking up...i was sitting here reading several of your entries, little caroline walks in, she stands besides me & comments on how cute ya'll are,i scroll down & run across your last shot, she says, "wow, that's interesting" and walks off, house full of sisters, that might have been her first glimpse at the other sex!
should i now censor your blog!!!
love the picture of you and your cutieipie fam sportin' your "i went to seaside in the fall tan"
:)
Post a Comment