Tuesday, June 17, 2008

I'm under attack....






FRUIT FLIES have envaded my kitchen!
I googled 'how to get rid of fruit flies' - and there are a lot of suggestions. Which, kinda makes me feel better b/c it shows me that I'm not the only one in the world who has this issue.
So, here is my home remedy of apple cider vinegar (to attract them) and a little dishwashing soap (to kill them). I poked holes in the plastic wrap to lure them in ... and then, supposedly, they can't get out. I may end up just bombing the house ... b/c I am going crazy.




(you can see 2 little ding dongs on the plastic)


I'll keep you updated.

2 comments:

MindyMac said...

You can use the same thing, incidentally, to try to get rid of lots of different bugs! Sit out a bowl of water with sugar or apple cider vinegar in it and dishwashing liquid. Sorry about the flies Heather...they are so annoying!

Adriane said...

Oh.. my..gosh! They are killing me too. You know, I'm trying to be "Little Susie Homemaker" and "Neighbor of the Year" all at the same time by letting some old bananas ripen for some banana bread to share with new neighbors and what do I get!?!? Flippin' Fruitflies!! What the crap?! I feel your pain.