Saturday, June 7, 2008

Anger Management







Some of you don't know me as well as others. I have some serious issues. I used to think they were A.D.D. issues, but after some research on that disease - I don't really joke about that diagnosis anymore. I will readily admit that I have some issues in feeling like when it is time to go ... i'm ready to go. Whether on the phone or in person - I get it in my head - and that is that. [No comments from my friends who have been on the receiving end of this .... hee. hee.]






I have tried really hard not to make my children suffer from my 'problem'. However, today was the exception to that.






Here are the factors:



1. It is 95 degrees outside.

2. A.C. has a bday party from 12-2 and I had not remembered about it - and thought I had a day with NOTHING planned.

3. It is 95 degrees outside.

4. A.C. doesn't want me to leave her at the party - and every other mom is leaving.

5. It is 95 degrees outside.

6. At 2:15 (party supposed to be over at 2 - and I'm ready for a day with nothing plannned) the parents decide to do a pinata.

7. The parents think it's a good idea to do a pinata outside on the swingset, in the sun, and it is 95 degrees outside.

8. The grass isn't cut, mosquitos are in full force - my daughter is in a Strasburg dress (ok, my fault)

9. Each 4- year old girl (12) get a turn to hit. 3 of them hit the pinata ... so, they get a second turn, then a 3rd, then a 4th.

10. I'm irritated about all of this.


Someone, not me, thankfully, says to the dad, "Some people need to go. You may want to take a 'Daddy swing' at the pinata". A novel idea!


I looked at A.C. at one point and said, "A ... we are going to have to go."


I bit my tongue and took a deep breath and waited the extra 10 minutes for the dad to figure out that (a) the party is now 30 minutes later than we thought .. and (b) we are all melting in the DIRECT, brutal sun.


A.C. got her candy .....


And, yes, I was the first one to leave.






6 comments:

MindyMac said...

I feel that pain, and if I were you, I would have walked up, grabbed the stick, and whacked that stupid pinata open myself!!!!

Adriane said...

I love the pregancy hormones in FULL EFFECT on that comment, Mind!:) Heather-- I would've had to buy Annie her own pinata and told her to go at it in the Air Conditioning:)

Cstargel said...

I think that is perfectly acceptable as long as you told the mother "thank you for having us"! Sometimes I don't even get a good bye from you!

Heather said...

*You are the person I knew would comment - I laughed when I wrote that knowing you would!

And, yes ... I even hugged her. Sweaty and all.....

H

ers said...

i love you. and i can not wait to see if annie turns out like you too!!

paige said...

HA!!!!!!
you crack me up--i wish i could see your face, no actually i think i got it with your great details!