I think I found the culprit. I bought some hotdog buns last week. I had them on the counter. Upon throwing EVERYTHING away that was out in my kitchen ... I found one with mold.
Guess that whole white sugar/white bread thing ... they go for the sugar.
Anyway, I'm a happy gal.

3 comments:
EEEW, we have those too right now! My Father-in-Law said when that happens in the Wal-mart kitchen they pour boiling hot water down the drain. It's seemed to work a little.
We had a fruit fly invasion when I first moved to SC . . . from, of all things, fruit. So I had to rid my counter of the pretty fruit bowl for good. Michael walked around the house for days with a dish towel over his shoulder, swatting the little buggers. Anyway, you may not know by my husband sleep walks, talks, fights, you name it (oh, I have stories). But once during our Fruit Fly Invasion, he swatted ME in his sleep with the bed sheets (what he thought was a towel)! and never woke up- scared me to death. True story!
Hi, I know you wrote this months ago, but I ran across the topic when I was looking for a blog that might help me combat MY fruit fly invasion. I'd already tried the vinegar mixture with no luck, but this morning cleaned the counters and the pantry out after reading about your hot dog buns. And guess what? I found an old onion in a plastic bag at the back of my pantry!!!! So gross, right? Thanks, without you I'd found it 3 months from now during "scheduled" pantry clean out time.
And hey, my parents retired to Alpharetta - small world.
Post a Comment