Friday, February 1, 2008

Sleeping Children


If you are like me ... there is nothing so sweet as going to give your children a kiss goodnight. It is ecspecially fun after they have had a bath and they smell SO good. I used to love it as babies, but it is so fun now b/c they are bigger and they sometimes will smile when I go in there and start kissing on them.


Tuck and Annie love to go to bed in our bed. I went in there the other night and they were just too cute for words. I ran downstairs to get the camera ... b/c I just thought they were so sweet there. When they are sleeping ... they can't talk back to me! Maybe that is why they are so sweet! :-)


My goodnights to Tuck usually go like this:

T: Mom, will you rub my back for a minute

Me: rubbing back Let's say prayers ....


Me: I love you Tuck.

T: I love you too mom. Mom? Can I sleep in your bed?


Me: Good night Tuck ... see you in the morning.

T: Night!


My goodnights to Annie usually go like this:

Me: Ok, Louie ... let's say prayers


Me: I love you Annie.

A: MOM!?!?!??!?!

Me: I am not out of the room or really out of her reach yet! Yes?

A: I love you.

Me: I love you.

A: Mom?!?!!? Come check on me again. Again. Again. Again. Again?

Me: I always do 'again. again. again. again'.

A: Mom!?!?! Sweet Dreams

Me: Sweet Dreams Louie.

A: Mom!?!??! Sleep Tight don't let the bed bugs bite!

Me: Ok, sweet girl ... good night leaving now ... walking out the door

A: MOM?!?!??!

Me: YES!?!? (kinda sing-songy now)

A: Come check on me?

Me: I already said I would Annie ... good night sweetness.

A: MOM!?!?!?!?!??

Me: Halfway down the stairs now ... IRRITATED. YES!?!?!?!?!!? (irritated)

A: I love you.

Me: Guilt. Guilt. Guilt. How many people want their child to tell them this? I love you Annie.


So, that's the difference in my good night to Tucker and my good night to Annie.


And, let me assure you ... if she wakes up in the night for some reason (cold feet, can't find blankie, etc. etc.) - we go thru all of this. Even if it is 3am and she is 95% asleep.
I'm gonna kiss them a little more tonight. Time is fleeting. How much longer are they going to want me to lay with them?????


2 comments:

paige said...

what a precious post! i just put caroline down & she wanted a snuggle...i'm down to only two that still want to --sniff sniff.
my oldest will turn 15 in a couple of weeks....15-in the blink of an eye baby!

anyway--thank your for leaving such a wonderful comment!! i loved showing dan --he peeked through the pics on your blog too!
you have a beautiful family.
so glad you "stopped by" for a visit & maybe we'll meet in person one day!!
blessings to you heather
(ps- hysterical comment on your 'we'll see' post--wink!)
xo

Cstargel said...

everynight I ask Lawson if he'll still come lay with me in my bed when he's 16 - would that be wierd? I hate to see my babies growing up!!!!