Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Sweet Sleep

I love going into my kiddo's rooms and watch them sleep. If it's been a bad day (discipline-wise) - I always gain a new perspective when I see those sweet angels asleep, quiet. The two are so different in the way they sleep. They have always been so different. (Funny how sleep patterns also follow the personalities of my children)


Annie is a mover and shaker. She is all over the bed ... hair in her face, covers kicked off, head at the bottom of the bed. When she was a baby, she would be hanging out of the crib in some way. She always has her blankie nearby ... and her 'dolly' as well. These are essentials for sleep in Annie's world.


Tucker sometimes wakes up in the same position that he went to sleep the night before. He sleeps they way a lot of boys sleep (need I say more?) --however, he used to always sleep with both hands in the air. My mom told me once that her mom (my grandmother) always said this meant they were content, comfortable, confident. I always liked to go in when Tuck was a baby and see him laying like that .... like I'd done my job for the day of making him feel good and safe.


It's been a while since I've noticed him sleeping like that. But, last night, I went upstairs and found him in our bed. He was sleeping just like I remembered. I just stared at him and was brought back to the picture above. I ran downstairs to get the ole camera just so that I could show you how FAST they become boys ... and stop being little tiny babies.


Just take a look at my big boy......






2 comments:

Toom said...

This was some heavy sleep, after a long day at school and baseball practice. I picked him up from this position, where normally, he would have realized somewhat what was going on and 'helped' me carry him to his bed. Last night, he didn't move a muscle! He is so gangly and it is always funny to remember the baby when you could pick him up and hold him in your hand.

I can't believe how much that baby picture looks just like him!

ers said...

i do not want my baby boy to grow up. they are so precious !!