Thursday, April 23, 2009

My ordinary life ....

I don't really have anything exciting to say today. I get chastised for not updating my blog more ...so, I'm trying to do better. So, here is a rundown on my day.


I woke up at the crack of dawn. I set my alarm for 5:00 thinking that I would get up and go running. I even got my clothes all set out and ready.



Well, when it was 12:36am and I was still awake - I thought that maybe I should scrap that plan and just do the eliptical tonight.


I was downtown by 7:40am this morning (after lunches made, coffee fixed, dressed, waking up T, dropping him at the bus AND checking email) ... and on the way down I-85 at a leisurely 70 MPH ... I hit one of these.

The rest of the way to the office, I kept thinking that there was probably a stash full of feathers in my grill --- I still don't have the nerve to check ... Tommy, would you mind checking on that for me?




The office was pretty uneventful ... lots of patients calling and pressing my buttons of impatience. [repeating my answers back to me, not being able to talk b/c they are at work when they called me, requesting an appointment for tomorrow when we are booking into June]


************ Are you bored yet???*********


There is an ongoing drama in our houses with this one ....



Cause of a bottom front tooth that is hanging on for dear life. The fear of pain and blood from this one ... I can't even go into the drama. But, I can tell you that it is going to probably fall out in her sleep .... because she will NOT let us pull it.


it's hard to tell but it's the bottom RIGHT (your left)

And .. when I explained that to her last night -- there were more tears. And those were because, "How is the toothfairy going to know I lost it then??? What will I do?!?" To which I explained ... that I would write her a note (the toothfairy) and let her know what happened. And after I promised to come and check on her every hour during the night to be sure that she still had her tooth (!) - she finally went to sleep last night. Can't wait to see what happens tonight. She REFUSES to even brush her teeth (yuk!) b/c she is so scared.





yes, these are tears.

So, we'll see what happens later, but for now, I'm excited about watching this......



and this .....



and finishing reading this ....




and then I'm to bed -- no work tomorrow for me! Hip Hip HOORAY!

9 comments:

allison said...

Hey I just wanted you to know that I am sorry for your loss. I've been following what's been going on w/ sweet Campbell coming in to the world and then your sweet Marge passing away. Blessings to you and your family. -allison

paige said...

heather, you are too funny......you're sounding so proverbs 31 woman and all!

please tell me little birdie guts weren't all over your car...because surely, that would have meant that sweet tommy would have felt so sorry for you he'd have treated you to dinner out somewhere-wink

MindyMac said...

Did you read Kari's post a while ago about the bird in the grate of her car? It got to the point that their whole house smelled from the car being in the garage with the dead bird in there! I think that when they found it, it was only feathers and a beak! Ewwwww!

kpb said...

I vividly remember that fear of toothe pulling . . . I'm waith ya Annie

Mary Hudgins Balicki said...

i'll always gladly be your audience for an ordinary day, please just spill it!! :)
love the heatons and definitely feeling annie's fear. . .my dad always promised to "just check it" and would then pull that sucker out! i was scared every single time!
xoxo!!!

Anonymous said...

heather,
just finished catching up on your blog... i accidentally marked you as a spammer on yahoo so i can't get emails from you anymore! but i heard about marge's passing and have been thinking about you lots lately. it's so relieving to know that she's in a better place now...
and what an amazing blessing that adriane just had her little girl! so sweet!
funny: i absolutely HATED it when my teeth fell out, still have anxiety nightmares about it. i remember one time tommy and i were wrestling, i was brutus beefcake and he was rowdy roddy piper, and a tooth that had been hanging on for dear life came "dislodged"... blood pouring out of my mouth. i was absolutely traumatized, obviously i still remember it quite vividly ;)
--jenny

Adriane said...

I love the photo-documentation of the tears! haha. That made me laugh. Once again, you are so good at pulling things out of your sleeves (ie-- writing the toothfairy in the event that Lou swallows it in her sleep). When Campbell hits me with stumpers, I will be calling Aunt Headie for an idea! I love you.. miss you!

kristen said...

Oh...the tooth fairy drama! I can SO see that in the future at my house!

Rebekah said...

How come you are always hopelessly adorable? :)
Love you mamasita!