Why are they so hard? Why do shoes create so much drama in my house? Why do I abhor white sandals? Why doesn't my daughter like ANY shoes that touch her heel? Why can't we find shoes (other than flip flops or Crocs) that she will willingly put on that match the cute outfits that she wears to school? Why? Why does my boy have the option to wear 'the shoes of his choice' because of a completed math project and choose to wear the worn down New Balance tennis shoes (that he has only had since January) that he wears everyday? Wouldn't you want to change it up? Wear your crocs? Wear your sandals? Nope.
My husband is a shoe fanatic. The man has more TENNIS shoes than one should be allowed. He has about 3 pairs of running shoes right now on the main level of our house. Yet, for his birthday this Friday – he has told me that he would like any $$ he gets to go towards some New Balance tennis shoes. (I must tell you here that he has very good taste in shoes – traditional grey New Balance - can't go wrong)
Me? I like shoes "ok" – but I don't really obsess about them. I have a wonderful friend who gives me her hand me down shoes. I was in my closet the other day – looking at about 12 pairs of shoes. What if I told you that 8 of them came from her?! I love it! Her shoes are my favorite – I have some scars on my feet from trying to be 'trendy' with some uncomfortable shoes – resulting in some painful blisters --- why do we do this? I'm short, and have been told that higher 'heels' make short people look less frumpy. So, I have turned in most some of my flip flops for some sandals with a little heel. And, I must admit that I like them better.
Tears. Tears. Tears.
Drama. Drama. Drama.
This morning (and every morning) when it is shoe time.
So, in case you are bored to tears about the shoe issue I am currently having in my home … I thought I'd leave you with a few pictures from my weekend.
baseball is ruling the time in our house right now...
T has never been on a team w/out his dad coaching...

we finally lost the tooth. it came out in her mouth after her tongue pushed it. - there was no need to pull it - y'all it was hanging there that all it took was a little wiggle with the tongue.
she is such a good little sister to go to ALL of T's baseball games. we like to reward her with a little play time at the playground after the games....


4 comments:
Girl. . .shoes are DRAMA at my house, too!! TWO GIRLS, need I say more!~
I need to lock my closet door, Sloane sneaks in there to try on every pair or sassy heels she can get her hands on and then mass destruction, I can relate!!
Your kiddos are precious!! Love it that Annie finally lost that problem tooth. She's such your little twin, both of you are GORGEOUS and have I mentioned that I'm in love? I totally am!
xoxo,
M
OK, clarify. I have 2 pairs of Barricade Tennis Shoes, 1 primarily black and one white/navy. Then I have 1 pair of Adidas running shoes which I use for every day and eliptical / exercise, then I have several old pairs used for baseball and lawn work.
But yes, I do love shoes. I don't know why.
well i must say you were lookin mighty sassy in those wedges yesterday my dear!!
i loved spending some time with you even if it was dreadfully too little.
you are a precious friend to me & i look forward to getting to know you even better
{{{{hugs}}}}
HA! My husband is also the shoe fanatic...mutiple shoes per sport...who knew? I on the other hand am in the same season as you on shoes...teetering on the edge between my beloved flip flop comfort zone and "real" shoes....
My oldest takes after he Daddy in the shoe department....life is just too short to worry about shoes.
Post a Comment