Thursday, May 28, 2009

I’m a sucker….

For a cowboy.



I don't know whether it is the way that the buckle on the belt looks with the jeans. Or, the way that the jeans hit below the boots. Or, the way that the hat looks just above the eyes. But – I have ALWAYS loved the cowboy look.

We went to the "Big House" for Memorial Day weekend with the family. It was delightful, relaxing, energizing … and with the RODEO we went to .. tantalizing if I must say so myself…



It was city comin' to the c'ntry with A.C. complete with a monogrammed sweater and sparkly flipflops. T was in a UGA shirt and crocs. The nieces were a little bit more dressed for the occasion … but my sister and mom and I had on platform sandals, Capri pants … and probably cubic zirconia diamond studs in the ears. Definitely stood out like sore thumbs….





I don't think dad could handle all of the stares – so, he decided that at the VERY least, his grandchildren needed hats. That did make a big difference.

You have to note here that A.C. and her cousin MSL are the total fashionistas in the group. A.C. had a sparkly silver hat and MSL had the red sparkles.

We saw bucking broncos, barrel races, calf wrestling and BULL riding. It was the real deal – and I'd do it again in a heartbeat. It was so much fun.

I've told you before that I'm also a sucker for a boy in a visor …..

MOST of the guys I dated had the same build. But the ones that I would pick out of a crowd were always the same. My sisters and my mom laugh at me b/c they always know who I am going to think is the cutest.

we missed you little A!

It's a mixture of a soccer body meets quasi-Hispanic(read:dark skin) meets clean cut. I know, it's a hard look to achieve.

I like the one I have just fine thank you though … more on him later.

6 comments:

Julia said...

Ain't ya'll cute! :)

Mary Hudgins Balicki said...

Heather, you have made me grin for 10 minutes straight!! I love this post!!!! Y'all are too cute and you and Gretch look like beauty queens!!! I'm thinking FB profile pic, whaddya say!?!! =)

paige said...

well howdy slim...you're looking mighty fine sporting that cowgirl hat!
you're cracking me up on the goodlookingsoccerboywithgreatlegs meetscleancutwranglerman
its friday
are you at the pool?
mwah

TMB said...

were ya'll in hiawassee? my parents were just at their house up there.

anyway, this post cracks me up. hilarious!

love the pic of you and gretchen in the cowboy hats! ya'll look beautiful!!

Anonymous said...

just checking in... How are you? You've been in my thoughts. this looks fun! I'm a little attracted to that cowboy up top there... :) cutie, cutie cowgirl pic!

Rebekah said...

You and Gretchen could not be more GORGEOUS! I love this photo of you! I love cowboys and boiled peanuts, too!

Yippie-kai-yea!

Bek