Monday, April 13, 2009

Update

We are back from a great trip to Daphne, Alabama to see my sweet new neice and my gorgeous little sister. Mom is still there with her ... that is always so nice to have mom take care of things around the house. Sometimes I wish that she would just come and do my laundry and take care of meals for me since I now have 2 kids that are trying, a full time job, and NO time to really deep clean my house. Can you tell I feel overwhelmed? I do.





My sweet Marge is hanging in there. I was able to spend all day at hospice yesterday with my dad and her sister, Aunt Jo. She was responsive to a few of my stories with a grunt here and an eye lid raise there. But, all in all, she is just sleepy from the morphene ... and we want her to be comfortable. More on that later...



Here are a few updated pics of the kiddos with their new cousin. Also a few from the battleship USS Alabama that we visited on the way back from the hospital. It was a great, short little get away ... but, I was happy to get home with dad. I just didn't like the thought of him here with little family support.



So, I'll update a bit more later... but, it's been a full work day -- and I am sitting here listening to some sweet neighbors with chain saws .... cutting up a tree that came about 20 ft from our house this morning .... taking down about 4 trees in it's path. (one being my favorite, and only, dogwood that I love to look at in the Spring).



this picture was not staged ... all of the cousins would just stare at her like this.

the sweet mom and dad

don't we all have this picture? I know I do. Adriane fought me on it and I told her it is fun to look back on it ...

cousins at the battleship ... prentending to shoot.

love the toes! (Bek and Mary this is for you!)

she disappeared in this carrier! SO LITTLE!

MY live doll ... with HER live doll

to say that she bawled when we left is an understatement. She kept telling me, "I want to take her with me!!" I didn't tell her that Aunt A isn't going to be sleeping much in the coming days .... she already doesn't want to HAVE babies, but rather adopt (buy) them ... I didn't want to talk her out of having any at all!

the pretty new mommy



a moment of silence for my dogwood.



the two trees that snapped and landed 20 feet from our back door.

4 comments:

MindyMac said...

Such precious pics of Campbell!!! Wow! I love it! Sorry about the tree!

Darby said...

I'm so happy I seriously have tears in my eyes! Praise the Lord for a precious little girl! And you can tell Adrianne that we love the name Campbell... it's Morgan's middle name! Thanks for steering me here!!

Mary Hudgins Balicki said...

Heather!! Thanks for this update - I cannot believe that you got a shot of her precious little piggies!! Be still my heart!!!!!!!
I love you guys to pieces!!!!
And, I know how you feel in the tree dept - - heart wrenching!!! Thank you, Lord for protecting the house!! My head is bowed for that gorgeous dogwood. :(
xoxo,
M

kpb said...

i just want to catch up with YOU in PERSON. Can't wait until tonight!