Thursday, April 16, 2009

Hurry Up and Wait ..

My sister and I were talking about how our lives seems to be this lately ... HURRY UP! Let's get to Alabama to see Adriane! -- wait for the epidural, wait for the dilation, wait to see the baby .... ugh!
Hurry Up! Let's get back to Atlanta ... I want to see Marge before she dies. Get there, spend wonderful time with her on Easter Sunday ... see her deteriorate. Watch her suffer. Wait on her last breath. Wait on her to settle down. Wait on the death rattle.

Hurry UP and Wait.
Last night my sweet Marge took her last labored breath and met Jesus.


She spent last night in the arms of her husband, mom, dad - and holding her baby boy that lived 2 days before he died almost 62 years ago this week.


We spent last night in the room where she died. Looking at a woman who didn't look like the Marge that I knew. Knowing that this shell of a body didn't hold the woman that I love. Watching my great-Aunt grieve over her sister, her best friend, her life partner, her heart ... being removed from her body.


We are sad, I won't lie to you. I'm not sure of the last time I have seen my Aunt Jo w/out my Marge ... I would say it was probably in 1980 something when I spent the night with Marge and Gump ... and Jo lived with her husband in College Park. When we got back to my parent's house last night ... she said, "this is the first time i have ever been here without her". Gretch and I realized that there are going to be a lot of 'firsts' in her life of 87 years! Strange.

So, we celebrate her life. We know she is partying up in Heaven with all the ones who went before. I'm sure that Gump met her there ... wondering what took her so long to get there. I wonder what her answer would be ... I am guessing something like this ... "I needed to make sure that Jo was going to be ok. As soon as I thought that she understood that this is where I wanted to be ... I felt like I could go" .......

7 comments:

Linda (Nina's Nest) said...

H - That is so sweet. I hope I can be the inspiration and love to my grandchildren that Marge has been to you all. Peace and comfort to you....Linda/Lily

MindyMac said...

Sweet, sweet Marge! I just got teary all over again knowing that she has met Jesus! She has seen Him face to face! Amazing!

Cstargel said...

Sweet Marge - Seeing these pictures she looks so healthy! I just can't believe she's gone! Love you and I'll see you Saturday!

Adriane said...

Heath-- what a way with words you have. Crying both tears of joy and sadness here... look forward to celebrating her LIFE tomorrow with you. I love you.
Little A

paige said...

hey sweetie!!
i was just talking about you to dan. he asked "where's heather been...haven't seen her around the blog lately"...he;s so silly. i had prayed for you last week wondering how you were holding up with all that's going on.

i am so sorry about your sweet marge. you come from an obvious heritage of lovely godly women...how priceless is that>

i would love to get together one of these days, when things settle down for you, ok?
also, i'm just around the corner from PCA so if you ever wanted to swing by i could easily meet you at chickfila for a hug and a diet coke

ps- bet ya never figured coach k would be buying a dooney bag for his girl!
pss- he actually bought a coach for the newly turned 16 yearold.
dang , he's a good man!

xo

Cstargel said...

Heather - I just looked at this blog again and you know what I love about these pictures? Wherever you see Marge, you see Jo......That depicts a true picture of how they were. Love you! See you tomorrow!

Amanda said...

Hugs. Kisses. Prayers.