Wednesday, April 1, 2009

It's that time again....

I have issues with white sandals.


There.
I said it.

I'm a native Atlantan. I know that my girl has to wear white sandals for Easter.


Every year I freak out when it's time for the white sandals to come out b/c I just do not like them. I don't like a lot of toe. Never have. I like closed toe. And, since they still make them in my little girl's size ... I figure, she can still wear them.

Yes, she would prefer these:





Or these (god forbid - people she JUST turned 5!):


And, she would fight me for these :



However, I would rather her be in these:



or these:



Or perhaps even these:


Sometimes I wish that they just didn't even MAKE white sandals or white dressy shoes for that matter. I'm sure a lot of you have them ... but, I'm sorry - I don't. I'm not a fan of bringing THAT much attention to my feet maybe? I don't know? Maybe I had a bad experience with someone wearing white shoes in my childhood? Who knows.

So, if any of you have any good white sandals that you love ... or have found. Please let me know.


And, if you see my child and she has on T-strap or Closed toe sandals ... please don't make an issue of it, because I can assure you there has been a mighty big fight at home just to get her out the door in them.


And just in case you think I'm a total freak ... this may nail it in ... I am totally 100% fine with boys wearing open toe sandals. My little guy, T, will be wearing these this Easter.



There. I said it. Cat's out of the bag.

6 comments:

kpb said...

I am SOOOOOO with you on this one! Leah still trips all over herslef in sandles and then we have bloody knees to go with white sandles! She'll be weraing your choice of white leathers too.

Rebekah said...

HAH-larious!!!! I love it! Your choices are all great.

I remember when I flew for Delta and I always loathed the onset of sandal season. Everyone wore them, most of them tacky and crude, toes everywhere.

Your versions reign supreme!
Loving your post and you!
Bek

Amanda said...

Okay, this is one of the funniest posts that I have read in a while! :)

When I was a little girl, I wanted ANY shoes that were SILVER, SPARKLY, GLITTERY, etc. I know that comes as a surprise to you. ;)

I remember one specific pair of shoes (closed toe for you girls that don't like toe cleavage) that were silver; my dad called them my baked potato shoes.

I am fine with flip flops and sandals all the time - must be the California in me. One day I will make peace with the fact that even though I live in the South, I'll probably never be a Southern Lady... :)

xoxoxo

Mary Hudgins Balicki said...

Heather - you're so darn cute!!! I hate white shoes in general but have always preferred minimal toe exposure in my shoes or the girls shoes. I can relate, cutie-patootie!!
Y'all have a great trip to visit A, happy new babyness to you guys!!
XOXO!!
mb

paige said...

such a funny girl..........mary janes are always a winner. emi used to call them "mary james". i have a j.a. charm on my bracelet to commerate the fact that they all wore those...for years!!

Anonymous said...

Too funny!!! I am just the opposite of you... I cannot stand to see a man in open toe shoes. It literally kills me!! The boys have a nice pair of Striderite close toe and one, I say one pair of open toe with limited visibility of toe! And Buck owns none!!!