How did I become the girl who has been married for 10 years? I still feel like people who came to our wedding - think of us as 'newlyweds'. I guess that I'm delusional!
Today is Tommy and my 10th Anniversary. Wow - my brain can hardly go back that far with all the things that have happened in between!When I woke up this morning - I was struck by how different my life is than 10 years ago on April 4, 1998. Here are a few things that I was pondering ....
The weather is about the same as it was! It was a cold, overcast day for April in Atlanta.
I am waking up early to make 2 lunches for my kids lunches ....
I am a mother.
I live in a beautiful house with a bunch of stuff that belongs to Tommy and me.
I know this man .... I know him so much better than I did 10 years ago.
I love this man ... I love him more than I did 10 years ago.
When I got married, I knew that life wouldn't be a bowl of roses. I mean, you are living with someone (for me, a MALE for the first time b/c I didn't have any brothers) who is different than you are. We were VERY young without a lot of life experiences under our belt. We got serious, fast. We had a long engagement.
I can honestly tell you that I am a more knowledgeable, better, more loving, happier person because of this person in my life.I will not deceive you and tell you that I have always felt this way, but the things that we have been able to do together- the situations we have been thru - the people we have met together -the knowledge that we have gained because of each other (and our differences) - have made me a better person.
I don't believe people when they say that marriage is simple. I haven't found it to be that way. I think it is hard - hard to make it what you want it to be. Hard when it doesn't look like you thought it would. Hard to meet the needs of your spouse while feeling like yours aren't being met. It's hard.
But, I also know that most of the good things in my life have happened with a little 'hard' attached.
I love this man. He is an amazing father - we are learning (still!) how to meet each other's needs and how to make our marriage what we both want it to be. We are learning to continually be honest with each other and regard each other above ourselves.
Happy 10 years sweet Tommy. I love you. Here's to 10 more ...
our rather large wedding party!
I got a little *bling* for putting up with T for 10 years! I have a little something for him, but I'm saving it for our date tonight!
TODAY is picture day ...so, here is my girl on the real picture day!






9 comments:
Happy 10 years! I really can't believe that.....doesn't seem like that much time has passed! I remember your wedding so clearly! Love the bling.....way to go Tommy!
I love you too! I thought I was lucky 10 years ago and had no clue the extent of my luck!
Happy Anniversary!! So fun!!! I love what you said about its "Hard to meet the needs of your spouse while feeling like yours aren't being met. It's hard." I am definitely a MAJOR work in progress in that area...it really is HARD, especially when I am so selfish and self-focused! Thankfully the Lord is super patient as is Justin! :-)
Hope yall have a fun night!! :-)
Happy Anniversary! That's wonderful! Beautiful ring!!! And your AC looks adorable for picture day!
Heath-- so proud of you for becoming a role model of a loving, Godly wife of virtue and character. I'm so blessed to have 2 (really 3, if we're including Mom) women in my life that emmulate the Proverbs 31 woman! I love you. Have a blast tonight and enjoy the DOUBLE BAND!! WHOO HOO. Can't wait to see it in person:)
Little A
happy anniversary!!
...love the pictures!
...love the "bling!"
...and your sweet AC looks precious on picture day!!
happy 10. you are so old. but i have to say you get prettier and prettier with the years. tommy looks the same. i love the bling. i am going to show adam. i hope you had a great date night. romantic. miss you and love you. erin
Wow! Happy 10 year Anniversary! Hope the Disney trip is a BLAST! Know it will be - thanks so much for showing me all these years what a Godly wife should look like! I'm so proud of you two!
happy anniversary!!
congrats on the 10 year bling too
xo
Post a Comment