Monday, April 14, 2008

One of those days ...

Intentions. I had such good intentions for today.

I woke up early at 5:45am to get things organized and ready for the day. I had the coffee made, lunches prepared, Disney pictures printed for Tuck's school, and book bags packed by the time I woke up T at 6:30am. Things are going great.

Got T to the bus, home for my 2nd cup of coffee, newspaper inside, upstairs to snuggle with A.C. all before 8am. Again, progress.

Had A.C. fed and almost dressed when the phone rang .... here is where it all goes downhill.

I was supposed to turn in a tennis registration for our mixed doubles league for the summer season - on Friday. I didn't remember getting notification about this, however, this is going to ruin a lot of people's summer - not playing mixed doubles tennis (it is a big deal in our neighborhood). strike #1.

Ok, that isn't going to slow me down, I'm going to continue on my quest for organization this last month of school -- going to get out of the door early to pick up my 5 children for carpool to preschool. A.C. and I are out the door at 5 'till 9am. It's then that I realize that 2 of my 5 carseats are in Tommy's car ..... strike #2.

Kids are in preschool and I am home to work on month end for the gynecology practice ... for March. Computer freezes ... can't really do work.... strike #3.

I walk away from the computer ... I'm going to Hobby Lobby to get a frame for my items that I got in Disney. Black and white silouhettes (spell check isn't working) of the kiddos .... Diet coke spills all in my cup holder --- strike #4.

Ok -- done. Done with trying to be all organized - I've decided to just live and do my best and not expect the world. Life's too short to keep up with all the strikes anyway --- it's just everytime I commit to a productive/organized day --- roadblocks galore.

I'm home now ...A.C. is here. We are waiting to go get T from carpool -- and things are looking up. Strike #1 was resolved b/c ALTA allows a grace period, Strike #2 was resolved b/c I just borrowed 2 carseats, Strike #3 was resolved because I walked away and I'm not dealing with it, and strike #4 was resolved with a little wet one wipe and some elbow grease.






Here are my items to be framed:





Here's to your Monday being more productive than mine!



4 comments:

ers said...

you are crazy crazy crazy. it is a good thing i love you soo much.

TMB said...

oh I know about those days...we have them here too!

I hope yall liked the turkey burgers. If I'm remembering right, its a bobby flay recipe that we tweaked a little. And white meat should be fine, I have used it before!!

Cstargel said...

We stayed in all day! Which is really hard by the way! but it's the only day of the week where we don't have to be anywhere (and it was cold!) So the boys made forts, snacked all day, watched movies, played in the playroom, and napped! By the time they were up Daddy was home! yeah!!!! But totally nonproductive! We all have days like yours...mine are just on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays! Love you!

Katie B said...

The days that we try to be most organized are always the ones that go up in smoke...I think it is a gentle reminder that we are not at all in charge!