Sunday, March 30, 2008

MOTY

Let's suffice to say that so far - I am NOT going to be up for Mom of the Year.


I lost it with my 4-year old yesterday at a baseball game. (Lost it.)
Friday, I dressed my girl for Picture Day ... and it was postponed a week. (wrong day.)
I ran out of pop tarts and fed T hashbrowns and chocolate milk for breakfast before church this morning (picture of health.).
I dressed A.C. in a cute little smocked, paper thin, short sleeved dress for church this morning - no sweater .... um, it was 40 degrees this morning.
I sent Tommy on a wild goose chase to find a birthday party for 4 year old girls at Horton Hears a Who - sent him to the wrong theatre. Never found the party - A.C. was upset. (so was Tommy)

Well, let's just say that I have had to apologize A LOT today to my children. And, thankfully, they are much more forgiving than I am. I came home from my tennis match and went straight to A.C. to apologize. She actually blamed Tommy (since he was the one going to and fro trying to find this party!)


She accepted my apologies ... T accepted my apologies for not having his fav b'fast food (although, he would prefer Burger King hashbrowns/choc milk!).

I am glad that I serve a forgiving God .... I hope that today my kids have looked past my faults and shortcomings and see me as a human - and one that can apologize and admit when she is wrong.

Moms make mistakes too.
She looks cute, but it wasn't picture day!


T in a crazy mood on Saturday night.




I will say that I did have a Tea party with A.C. on Saturday morning. I thought Tommy would enjoy it as well .... so, I snapped a picture of the pair. So cute.


She forgives me ... I forgive her.






6 comments:

Cstargel said...

they are too cute - What's wrong with hashbrowns & choc. milk? Just to make you feel better - Lawson had the EXACT same thing for b'fast! Robby brought home Hardee's after he ran his HALF MARATHON this morning!! What did mommy have? Um...two sausage biscuits! YUM!

MindyMac said...

I won't be winning any awards either....I left my 17 month old in her crib screaming for an hour and a half after 3 days of fever because as far as I was concerned, nap time wasn't over yet!!!! I'm jealous of Tucker's breakfast....sounds DELICIOUS!!!

TMB said...

your little ones are too cute!!! AC looks beautiful for picture day, even if it was a dry run!

[and i hope you got your glass of wine and massage...you deserve it!!]

mrchrishill said...

Thanks for the comment. You're children are beautiful and I've added your blog to my google reader. You should have posted a comment earlier... good to see your kids on Easter (although I wanted more color) and to learn that the F word is surprisingly acceptable in your home.

Tell the family hello and know I'm along for the ride now that I have the website to subscribe to.

kristen said...

Heather,

Your posts are hillarious! I am so glad to see your little girl is into Hannah Montana and High School Musical! I wanted to keep Anna Clare a "little girl" as long as possible, but they get into "big girl" stuff so quickly! Your children are precious and isn't it crazy that we both have an AC !!!

Kristen

paige said...

what a cutiepie!
i love her "-oops -its not picture day" little dress & bow!
sniff sniff....long gone are those days with me. since caroline has 3 much older sisters , i just short changed on the days of smocked dresses....sigh..
anyway, our kiddos have a wonderful way of forgetting some of our silly mistakes!
thank you for your sweet words. dan got a kick out of seeing your precious family photos!
hugs