
I have been telling A.C. for months now that I won't let her grow up. She continues to fight that possibility that she will be 'little' forever.
Oh, if only she knew how good she has it. If only she knew that right now I can help her avoid most hurts.
If only she knew that one day, little girls are going to hurt her feelings.
If only she knew that one day, a boy is going to break her heart.
If only she knew that one day, she was going to have to think about what she would have to eat .. and if she had money to buy it.
Oh, if only she knew how good she has it. If only she knew that right now I can help her avoid most hurts.
If only she knew that one day, little girls are going to hurt her feelings.
If only she knew that one day, a boy is going to break her heart.
If only she knew that one day, she was going to have to think about what she would have to eat .. and if she had money to buy it.
If only she knew that the world disapoints us daily ... and that people disapoint us daily - even the ones that love us.
If only she knew how precious she looks in her big bows - and how one day, she will wish that she could have every need taken care of again by her mom.
If only she knew that one day she won't be able to take a nap - and she'll wish she could.
If only she knew that one day she is going to get wrinkles and not have as much energy.
If only she knew how precious she looks in her big bows - and how one day, she will wish that she could have every need taken care of again by her mom.
If only she knew that one day she won't be able to take a nap - and she'll wish she could.
If only she knew that one day she is going to get wrinkles and not have as much energy.
If only she knew that her life is so simple, that she is shielded from so many horrible people and circumstances that one day she will see clearly and see how dark of a world we really live in.
If only she knew that her innocence was fleeting - and there is nothing we can do to truly stop it.
If only she knew ... I think she'd take me up on the offer to 'keep her little'. But, alas .. "God says that I have to go to all the numbers .... " so, up she goes. She had made a promise that "you can still hold me when I'm 4 and 5, but when I get big you won't be able to hold me anymore" .... ugh.
She's up to #4. It's so hard to believe. She is still so little to me. What a precious gift we got when she entered our lives on St. Patty's day '04. We were completely CONVINCED she was a boy - but, the elation we felt when 'it's a girl!' was said ... indescribable. She has been the princess of this house ever since and we rejoice in her personality - although sometimes we grow weary in the same breath.
I went in to get her yesterday morning on her BIRTHDAY! We had been celebrating since Friday ... so, I knew it was going to be hard for me to 'get up' for the big, actual birthday yesterday. She flew up on her feet ...standing on her bed and this is the interchange ....
Me: Happy Birthday sweet girl!!!! Today is your birthday!
A.C.: Today? [because we have had 2 parties by now!] Today I'm 4??????
Me: Yes! Today you are 4! It's your birthday! March 17th!
[FLYING UP ONTO HER FEET ... STANDING ON THE BED]
A.C.: See? Mom? Try it. You can still hold me.
I thought I'd die right there.
Happy 4th Birthday sweet little A.C.
If only she knew ... I think she'd take me up on the offer to 'keep her little'. But, alas .. "God says that I have to go to all the numbers .... " so, up she goes. She had made a promise that "you can still hold me when I'm 4 and 5, but when I get big you won't be able to hold me anymore" .... ugh.
She's up to #4. It's so hard to believe. She is still so little to me. What a precious gift we got when she entered our lives on St. Patty's day '04. We were completely CONVINCED she was a boy - but, the elation we felt when 'it's a girl!' was said ... indescribable. She has been the princess of this house ever since and we rejoice in her personality - although sometimes we grow weary in the same breath.
I went in to get her yesterday morning on her BIRTHDAY! We had been celebrating since Friday ... so, I knew it was going to be hard for me to 'get up' for the big, actual birthday yesterday. She flew up on her feet ...standing on her bed and this is the interchange ....
Me: Happy Birthday sweet girl!!!! Today is your birthday!
A.C.: Today? [because we have had 2 parties by now!] Today I'm 4??????
Me: Yes! Today you are 4! It's your birthday! March 17th!
[FLYING UP ONTO HER FEET ... STANDING ON THE BED]
A.C.: See? Mom? Try it. You can still hold me.
I thought I'd die right there.
Happy 4th Birthday sweet little A.C.


3 comments:
Happy Birthday sweet girl! Makes me look at Molly and want to cry! I feel like I spend a lot of time looking forward to her growing up, but then I get so sad that she is growing up! So fast....
They are growing up TOO fast! makes me want to cry!!!
Happy Birthday sweet Annie!! It is hard to believe isn't it? She and Sully are only a four months apart and Kate and Tuck are the same age too... It just goes in a blink if you aren't careful... I just hate it sometimes...
I love the sweet pictures. And congrats to Tuck on his peom recital! How cool is that?
Miss You,
Roxanne
Post a Comment