
Ever since May, everytime I say to my sweet blessings, "Guys! Hold my hands in the parking lot - the cars can't see you." - My precious ones say to me in some form or fashion ... "So we don't end up like Cinderella?"
I'm sure people who hear this think to themselves ... hmmm. Blue dress, horse drawn carriage, mice to horses .. mean step sisters .... what does this have to do with a car?
In my kid's mind, Cinderella is the song that Steven Curtis Chapman sang about his daughter, Maria. The sweet baby girl who was killed tragically, accidentally by her older brother.
I've thought about that family a lot since then. I think about that poor brother who loved his sister ... I think about the memories of those seconds after the accident. I think about the sounds. Then, I think about coming home ... a mother, mourning the loss of her child, yet comforting her son.
They were interviewed on GMA yesterday. Since these days I am either watching a tennis game on Wii ... or some sort of taped show from Disney channel .. I missed it. I was so glad to see the interview online.
And, i promise, it's worth the 6 minutes.
http://www.abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=5519704&page=1
Hug your kiddos tonight.
xo
HH
I'm sure people who hear this think to themselves ... hmmm. Blue dress, horse drawn carriage, mice to horses .. mean step sisters .... what does this have to do with a car?
In my kid's mind, Cinderella is the song that Steven Curtis Chapman sang about his daughter, Maria. The sweet baby girl who was killed tragically, accidentally by her older brother.
I've thought about that family a lot since then. I think about that poor brother who loved his sister ... I think about the memories of those seconds after the accident. I think about the sounds. Then, I think about coming home ... a mother, mourning the loss of her child, yet comforting her son.
They were interviewed on GMA yesterday. Since these days I am either watching a tennis game on Wii ... or some sort of taped show from Disney channel .. I missed it. I was so glad to see the interview online.
And, i promise, it's worth the 6 minutes.
http://www.abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=5519704&page=1
Hug your kiddos tonight.
xo
HH
5 comments:
I posted today before reading this - had no idea that you did, too!!! Wasn't that the best interview???
We're twins! :)
xoxo!!
They were also on Larry King Live last night for an entire hour (parents and three kids) and it was amazing....
Hey Heather! Thanks for your comment on EBS Designs! I'd love to design your blog. Please email me erinschwant@hotmail.com and we will get started!
What the heck is EBS designs? Do I need her?
i cried all the way through that larry king interview. and was so proud of that family . . . living the gospel on live tv.
Post a Comment