Tuesday, August 11, 2009

The Yellow Thing .....

Well, no - I'm not talking about the bus that my children got on this morning.

But, instead I heard about it more in THIS fashion:

A.C.: Mom, I need to tell you about Spanish class.
Me: Ok. How was it?! <read it really excited>

A.C.: Well, (tears start here) the Spanish teacher ... she has this yellow thing. And she (almost inaudible here because of the sobbing) slammed it down on the desk. And it scared me. She scares me. I don't want to go back mommy. I don't want to go back to school. I want to go back to Parkway (her preschool) --- please mommy ... I'm so scared of her. I don't want her to slam that thing down because I did something wrong.

Me: Ok ... wait, wait, wait. A yellow thing?

A.C.: YES!!!! Mommy! I don't like school. Will you pick me up before Spanish?!?

Me: Oh ... Senora McCaa is so nice! Baby!?! What happened then? What happened when you started crying.


A.C.: Well, she went outside and got the assistant teacher .. .and she came and got me and took me to the bathroom and to get a drink of water.

Me: Oh no! Baby! I'm sorry! I know that Senora McCaa loves you. I know her really well, and I know that she is nice. I bet she was just trying to make sure you all knew that you can't misbehave in her class. ... T? Can you let me in on what the yellow thing is?

T: It's a sticky pad. She puts your name on it and sticks it on the folder to give back to the teacher to let her know who misbehaves. Hey .. Annie? Want to know a secret? DO WHAT THE TEACHER SAYS AND SHE WON'T PUT YOUR NAME ON THE YELLOW THING.

Thanks T. Spoken like a true oldest.



So, it's 5:31 EST -- little AC is asleep for the night. No fuss about it - she went right up to bed (after her constant crying drove her dad to the point of sending her to time out during dinner). She is brushed up, PJ'd up, Claritan'd up ... and in bed.

Hope she enjoys her 13 hours of sleep before we do all of this again.

Tomorrow.
Thankfully, Spanish only comes around once a week.
I'm already dreading next Tuesday.....


8 comments:

Julia said...

Awwww, bless her heart. But I laughed out loud!

Jboo said...

Oh my -- what a sweet sensitive girl -- my girl is a bit like that too. So nice that she has her big brother to give her hints! Hope she has a great day today and next week during Spanish!

Janet

Linda (Nina's Nest) said...

Heather, I love Mrs. McCaa, and you were right to tell AC that she is your friend, too. You could always email AnnaMaria and tell her that AC is nervous and she could give her a little hug outside of class. Love Tucker's response! If I were there when he gets to the 8th grade, I'd be wanting him in my French class! Linda

Toom said...

Linda - kinda like you wanted me in your 9th grade French class?

Adriane said...

Oh I needed this laugh this morning! THAT is hilarious... poor Lou. Reminds me of when my preschool teacher made me so nervous that I started biting my fingernails.:) Give her a hug from Aunt A! I love you all.

kpb said...

oh wow. I hated spanich class too, Annie. I felt like crying everyday of it from 8 grade thru senior year in COLLEGE!!!

paige said...

that is too funny
& i love big bro's older words of wisdom. spoken just like an oldest child!
xo

Mary Hudgins Balicki said...

Sounds like drama queen heaven. We live there, too. Nothing like our daughters, Heather. They'll be with us on the holidays. Keep thinking that way!!!
<3