(Mary, this is for you!)
That's pretty much what we've been up to the past few weeks. State Tournament in Chattanooga for Tman .... We had a BLAST. The boys played great and they came in 4th in state overall.

We made a few additional stops ... and made it a mini-vacay for our family .... stayed here ....
and went here .....

T played awesome ... made some good plays, ran the bases well, AND got on base everytime but ONE ... we are so proud of him.

He had a great time, but I think he is ready for summer to officially start for him w/out hearing, "bud, I'm sorry, but you have baseball." or "i wish you could .. but you have practice tonight".... I know he loved it (and so did Tommy and I) - but it's fun to actually HAVE dinner tonight and not worry about where we needed to be -- or that this is the ONLY homecooked meal we'd have all week.

******************************************************
So, last week we had an unexpected visitor .....
Not sure if this is a smile or the beginnings of a cry.....
The smiles! Oh the smiles.
Can you believe how big she is????? SHE HAS ROLLS ON HER LEGS!! Not like those chicken legs of the past.... She is getting big!!!!
So many of you asked on my comments and thru separate emails... - I'm so sorry I didn't explain it better. Tommy took a job with AFLAC. He is selling disability insurance to businesses -- he is already doing great. Working out of the basement which is bonus for me b/c I can get things done on my days off w/out the kiddos with me all the time.
We both feel like this is a good niche for him ... talking to people - meeting with people. Leaning on our contacts of both being natives of this wonderful town....
So, here is a quick recap of a dinner conversation heard last week:
A.C.: Dad ...so did you see any ducks today?
Tommy: Ducks? Did I see ducks?
A.C.: Yes, you know! The Aflac duck.
Tommy: OOOOO!!!! The Aflac duck. Um ... I'm not sure. What do you picture Annie? What do you think that the duck is doing?A.C.: I think that the duck is walking around the halls of your office! Right?
Tommy: Right. Yes, I definitely saw a duck today.







6 comments:
way to go Tucker!!!!
how fun. i love the sounds of a baseball game. surely if i'd had a little boy he'd of played baseball
glad to hear about aflac
too funny about the duck
big hugs sweet girlie
Heather! I am just now doing a little catch-up! With Drama Queen #1 and Little Drama Queen #2, I cannot relate to all the baseball! But I feel like we live it through out nephew! So proud for Tucker! AND...so excited about the new job! You have been faithfully waiting on God's Faithfulness! LOVE the duck story!
I Just LOVE you blog :)
You are the best mom ever, I love that free hand font on your SUV, pretty, devoted mother, with great handwriting, I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!
The Aflac duck is the boss, isn't he? I thought so!!
Whose kiddos are sweeter and cuter than yours?!
I love the Heatons!
Bek
I'm so behind on your blog; aggh! I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOUR FAMILY AND FOR TOMMY'S NEW JOB! Hugs kisses hugs kisses - I hope we can see you guys soon... come over to our house for dinner!
Oh, Heather!! How can it be?!!Somehow in looking at the photos (just for me) I manage to love you even more!! The font, oh the font! You are a girl after my heart in so many ways, add this to the list!!! I wish I could have seen your adorable Expe in person!!
Proud of T and A.C. is the ultimate cutie-pie!!!
Blow the ocean a kiss for me! Lap it up, Baby!
xoxo,
MB
Post a Comment