I feel like I've been REALLY negative lately. I feel bad about that because normally, I'm a pretty happy person. I feel I have a blessed life. I have been chosen by God to be his daughter, I have a wonderful family. The Lord has blessed me – and normally, I feel really blessed. But Monday … wow. Monday. Let's just forget about Monday, k?
I just need to tell you about Monday because I just need to tell you.
Monday I woke up to the realization that it was my husband's last day as an employed person. I have known it was coming and I'm GLAD it is over. But, still – I worried about HIM and his self confidence – how it was going to go … what it was going to be like. It turned out fine … as good as it possibly could have been.
Monday I woke up to the realization that my husband was diagnosed with walking pneumonia. He had been coughing this annoying horrible cough since the beginning of November. Yes, you read that right – he is a typical male who REFUSES to go the doctor until his wife physically DRIVES him there. So, thankfully, he was diagnosed and given meds. But, still … walking pneumonia?
And to top it all off with a sweet little delicious cherry – my hard drive FAILED me. My computer was dead. Dead. There was no resurrecting (as I found out on Tuesday). This is the laptop that I have had since May … all my work (financial stuff) and all of my personal stuff (pictures). Dead….. hard drive, defective. Dell – my enemy … dead. As we speak, the hard drive is at a Data Recovery specialist and I have begged them to do ANYTHING to get back my stuff. Not only do I not want to have to recreate one year of a business check book (actually 3 checkbooks that I manage for my office) OR admit to the fact that I possibly have lost some pictures of my children over the past 6 months … I'm not ready to face that. They are sending me updates …and it is going SLOW – and they are charging me $1700. But, it's worth it at this point.
So, that is my horrible very bad day.
However, Wednesday was a MUCH better day. The Lord is faithful to me … and he shows me His faithfulness. He loves me, he is in control of my life, he is guiding my paths – and I just marvel at people who have lives full of nightmares – and don't have that assurance. How do they do it?
So, I'd love to have some pics for you right now ..but, frankly, I have none right now.
More to come….
6 comments:
Love you! Hang in there!
Oh my goodness, poor baby!!!! Hang in there, Love! May your hard drive be raised from the dead!!! Hard drive, come forth -
xo,
mb
I'm still in a cold sweat over the hard drive thing.....I am so very sorry!!!!
i pray sweet things for you . . . and can't wait to see what God is about to do.
I love you, Heather!
I am hoping for a stellar 2009, want to join me? Too many valleys in 2008, we need a mountain top experience! :)
Writing that, I feel guilty, God is SO good, isn't he! I am going with my family to feed the homeless Christmas dinner today and keep it all in perspective.
Hugs and love,
Bek
Post a Comment