i think the snow is beautiful.
it's quiet. and peaceful.
until the dog wakes up.
and the kids wanna play in it.
but then, the dryer starts running on overtime.
the hardwoods are constantly wet.
the pup wants to go out CONSTANTLY to stick her nose in the snow.
we are homebound.
iced in.
snowed in.
T getting over a bad bout of the end of bronchitis with a nasty cough.
He's much better today.
(that walk to CVS yesterday for the cough meds was WELL worth it.)
Looks like we'll be headed out MORE today.
so, to be totally honest .. snow days aren't my favorite.
but, i keep thanking the Lord OUT LOUD that we have power -- letting the kids know that this could be a LOT worse ....
of course, they think "yes! because we couldn't play Wii or watch Movies!!"
and i gently remind them (and myself) that we are WARM. and can see in our house. and have each other.
I'm thankful.
But hurry up and melt already!!!








5 comments:
Just this morning I was bemoaning what the gas bill is going to look like and how I'm not going to want to pay it. With us being home 24/7 the furnace isn't getting a break.
And I looked around last night and had Keenan pause his movie. I told him to look around and see how blessed we are that God has given us safe warm shelter in this weather, food to eat, fun to have, and time with each other. I reminded him we are very blessed.
So, dearest Heather, you are not alone! LOL :-)
i am with ya!!
as much as i love living in my jammies, in my home...
i am almost snowday funned out!
& is this ever going to melt? oh my word...have you seen the forecast?
we may be stuck here for a while
but PRAISE because i too have been worried about the power & so far so good
ox
Great post and so very true....it is forcing me to unpack the sea of boxes and all the while the entire family stuck in the house with me. PLEASE MELT!! =)
I am so NOT with you! This working mom is thrilled to have an excuse to stay home (working in my jammies). I love snow! I drove around the neighborhood in the jeep last night just for fun. Sledding, family game night, movies, wii Just Dance, cooking......this is a vacation. Feel free to stop by!
Amy C.
I do enjoy a day or two with the kids. I get a little stir crazy failry quickly though.
Just think.... Qwinnett has closed schools for Wednesday now too. ugh.
Post a Comment