my neighbor is dealing with colic.
my sister is dealing with transition from bottle to sippy.
a facebook friend is getting rid of the pacifier
my friend is dealing with potty training.
another is struggling with schools for their upcoming Kindergarten child.
it seems like each "problem" gets harder.
and you look back and wonder why the one before was such a hard one.
cause each time it gets a little more cOmPliCaTeD.
keepyouupatnight. wanttopunchsomeoneintheface. complicated.
protect your child? teach them to compete for a position.
interfere and go to bat for them? let them fight their own battle.
believe the friend? trust your child.
do the easy thing? do the right thing.
things are getting harder.
in the back of my mind i knew they would.
where we once stood around talking about how many minutes to let your child scream --
now we are talking about how many minutes to let our kiddos play video games....
and next it's gonna be "when do they get a cell phone".
Then, what is the curfew?
Are these good friends for them?
Are these good friends for them?
Should I let them go out with this person on a date?
It's getting harder.
But, let me encourage you guys in the beginning stages.
you still have some control.
and it's not as bad as you think.
it's probably harder on YOU than anyone else.
and, if you are serious - you are probably more worried about what other moms think about you -- rather than the real problem.
relax.
i'm relying on Jesus.
getting older is hard.






10 comments:
heather..your blog is amazing!! you are an incredible blogger...wow!!! love, love this post.
You rock, girl. I totally needed to here this tonight :) LOVE the pictures, btw.
well said my friend! gosh, i would love to sit and have lunch with you for these reminders!! i have to remind myself all the time its probably not gonna be as bad i think!! and in the big scheme of things...jane and eloise will go to kindergarten potty trained and without their pappy...right?? love you blog!!
You are awesome! I love this! Why do you insist on making me think about life and even get a tear in my eye when I read your blog?!
getting older is spending $100 on skin care products today that all the word "mature skin" on the label...sigh
teasin
great post sweetie
i think you're an awesome mama
& i LOVE oh my word LOVE that shot of those babies holding hands on the beach
&
the top one
where her head is squooshed on the chair, priceless
So true... I have been thinking about this myself recently with our issues... and at this rate... we are still 5 years away from puberty and I'm FRIGHTENED! Cry Hard... Pray Harder.
You have a wonderful way of putting things into perspective. Goo work.
Just found your blog...just read this post....it about made me cry! My husband and I just had a similar conversation the other night as we drove our little ones past our first apartment. We talked about how "easy" things were then. I told him how a few years down the road we will think back to today and think how "easy" it was! Thank goodness we do have JESUS! HAve a great weekend!:)
Ashley
Great post, Heather! I agree...we just need to rely on our Heavenly Father, who happens to be their Heavenly Father, too!
Miss you, friend!
oh gosh- I'm petrified already, just reading that. I like simple and forgot to apprecite that! Thanks for the remider . . .
Post a Comment