Sunday, February 14, 2010

V Day

When did Valentines Day become a day where we give our kids presents?

For me, Valentines Day is about the love in my life. Yes, I love my kids - but it's for my LOVE.

Love is Patient - my very being is impatient. In everything I do - I have to learn to be patient.
Love is Kind - sometimes I am kinder to people I don't love ... I am learning to be kind to the one I love.
Love doesn't envy, boast, and is not proud - pride cometh before the fall y'all - it does.
Love is not rude, easily angered, keeps no records of wrongs -  middle children keep records ... good ones. And, remember the impatience? It causes rudeness and anger ;)
Love always protects, trusts, hopes, perseveres -  this is a hard one for me. I work on it daily, hourly, moment by moment.

In a world where you are taught to self protect. Leave at the first mistake. Think of your happiness first.
Hold on to the grudge with all you have. Harbor bitterness. Hate. Keep searching for someone better if the first doesn't satisfy. --
it's hard to keep this verse in perspective. It's a daily decision. It's a daily choice. Cause, in a lot of cases -- the world's way is easier --

Today. Do you DECIDE to love the person God chose for you?

I have. I do. I will.

5 comments:

Cstargel said...

So did you give the kids presents? I felt like I had to get mine a little something so I ran out at the last hour and got them Pez dispensers! What in the world?

kpb said...

i'm a sucker for treats though- my mom always made these days special with just little treats. I still have a button that I wore proudly on my jean jacket through all of elementary school that my dad gave me- it was treasured . . . I actually gacve my own children old valentines that were to me from year 1985 and year 1983- the kind you stick dimes into the holes on the front. they LOVED them!

Anonymous said...

Love this post Heather! You guys are just too cute by the way!

Mary Hudgins Balicki said...

have i mentioned that i'm proud of you? i am. keep pressing toward the goal(and i will, too), we married folks need to encourage each other!
xoxo!!
-mb

The Queen Bee said...

love the post...hope you are well.

love
angela