Sunday, February 28, 2010

the tOOth fAirY

big teeth run in my family.
T already has them.


although, they make for good smiles when you are older
sometimes they can make for awkward smiles when you are little

we are about to find out with this one.

(taken with my camera phone)


after AC had been tucked into bed ... teeth brushed, flossed, flouride - prayers done. i got the 3rd degree...

AC: Mom? How many tooth fairies are there?
Me:  A lot. There are a lot of tooth fairies.
AC: How many? Raise your hand if there are more than 50.
hand raised.
AC: Raise your hand if there are more than 80.
hand raised.
AC: So, how many mom? How many are there?!
Me: Millions. There are millions of tooth fairies.
AC: Ok, so how many people are there in the universe?
Me: Millions..... Billions....
AC: Infinity.
Me: No, not infinity - but there are a lot of people.
AC: What's the last number in the world?
Me: Infinity - numbers never stop.
GOOD NIGHT.

Fast forward to 10 minutes when I have now brought T up to brush teeth - and the rest....

AC: MMOOOOOOOOOOM? --- Mooooooooooom? Is the tooth fairy real?
Me: Hang on AC ... I'll be right there.
AC: Mom, is the tooth fairy real?
Me: There are lots and lots of tooth fairies ---
AC: Ok, but that's not what I asked you. You are not saying "Yes" or "No".
Me: Well ?!?!?!
AC: Fairies aren't real. So, I don't believe in tooth fairies. ... (Pause - she is thinking REALLY hard here) A person! A person puts money under my pillow!!!!! Mom! A person puts money under my pillow???  I think she is starting to get scared here like WHO is coming into my room and putting money under my pillow?
Me: Yes. (should i tell her? should i tell her?) AC - I am your tooth fairy.
AC: What? YOU are my tooth fairy? YOU are my tooth fairy? And T's tooth fairy?!?
Me: Yes. And Gaga is Mad's tooth fairy. And Ninah is my tooth fairy. And Meme is Daddy's tooth fairy.
AC: And when I'm a mom ... I'll be a tooth fairy?
She's sitting up now in her bed with BOTH hands grabbing my cheeks.
Me:  Yes .. but it's a big secret. And, not many people know. T doesn't even know ...so, you can't talk about it with ANYONE but me and Daddy -- oK?
AC:  Ok ... wow. Ok. wow - you are a fairy? Ok, wow Mom. ....... Mom? ......Just give me a lot of money, ok?

5 comments:

Greer Dierkes said...

PRECIOUS. That is so sweet...I can picture the whole conversation :)

Anonymous said...

Love it!!!!!!

Amy C.

paige said...

eat her up!!

oh & ps
i love the new springy blog makeover
xo

TMB said...

what a hoot!!

that is awesome!

DavidLFields said...

She's a thinker.. That's awesome.