Thursday, June 11, 2009

They are flowing.....

First of all, do you ever feel like your kids constantly see you in this position?

For some reason the creative juices are starting again. It's been a while - cause life has just happened, but I feel them coming back. And, I'm glad, because I have missed them juices!

I've cut a few patterns for A.C. for some dresses for the summer. I'll be sure to post the finshed product (s). [as soon as i get up the nerve to clean up the sewing room!]

While going thru my Granny Marge's old costume jewlrey - I had a vision of making all of her adorable clip on earrings into something that my sisters and I would actually WEAR.


Have you seen people wearing BIG, HUMUNGOUS rings on their fingers lately? I have!! So, I thought ... let's make some of these babies into rings that my sisters and I would wear and think of our sweet Gmom each time we slip them onto our fingas!


So, look out Getchie and A.D. ... they are coming your way soon! (as soon as i get the SUPER GLUE off my fingers enough to be able to finish the job)


So, get out that costume jewlrey.
Head to Hobby Lobby.
Get those little rings for $1.47 each.
Get out your super glue ... and start glueing away.
I did have to get creative using a dime and a penny to attach the ring to the back of the clip on earring.
Get your juices flowing.....



***************************************************

On another note, found this little frame at Hobby Lobby today too. (for 93 cents) And, strangely it has disapeared from it's place of honor ... and has ended up on A.C.'s bedside table b/c she tells me she wants to see her cousin FIRST thing when she wakes up. A? Can you tell that we miss you!?

7 comments:

paige said...

girl
you rock!
i am loving the ring thingie. and don't think i'm all weird or anything but i noticed you have such delicate hands....they will look so fab on you.
you go with your crafty self
xo

Cstargel said...

I LOVE the rings!!! What a great idea! And how funny that Paige noticed your hands - they are SO delicate! Looking forward to hanging with you tomorrow!

MindyMac said...

Great idea with the rings! Love it! I have some old costume jewelry of my great grandmas...what a good idea!

Rebekah said...

What is better than creativity?! I didn't know you sew!? How cool are you, Miss Coolness.

Loving your ingenuity!

Bek

Adriane said...

Ah, the perks of having a cool, fashionista, creative sista!!:) Can't wait to sport my rings around Daphne! And, if Annie wants, Campbell can wake up (in real life) beside her EVERYDAY in Jamaica! heehee... I love you.

Anonymous said...

actually i just got one of those big gigantic rings myself and i love it and wish i could wear it everyday. it's so big and gaudy! with your inate crafty nature, you could totally start up your own internet business on the side. people will pay you for the unique one-of-a-kind stuff that you can come up with. like, seriously!
--jenny

Mary Hudgins Balicki said...

look at you!! i love it!!
can we be sisters? i want a ring and i want some q.t. with you!! like now.
xoxo,
mb