
I'm not a 'morning person', but I'm also not a night person b/c I like to sleep. Yes, I get more done in the morning as a rule -- but, it doesn't mean that when my alarm goes off at 5:45am that I am CHOMPING AT THE BIT to get up and get going ... no way. I love to sleep. Anytime.
On the way to the bus this morning (6:45am) T starts into one of his deep thoughts. We usually don't really talk in the morning .... we listen to a radio show ... talk about what he has to do for the day ... what am I going to do while he's at school, blah. Blah. Blah.
So today ... here is the question:
T: So, Mom. I don't really GET it. I mean .. they say that Jesus is the "Son of God" - but really he's from MARY .. and Joseph was Mary's husband. So, really he's the "Son of Joseph" ... right?
Oh dear! Is this going to be a lesson in sex educatoin? If I say that Joseph had nothing to do with Mary having a baby in her tummy ... he's going to ask me what DADDY had to do with HIM being in MY tummy.
Me: Um ... well, God chose a woman. A pure, holy woman - a woman who loved God to be the mother of Jesus. And, Joseph had nothing to do with it. God placed Jesus in her tummy - and that was that.
Please don't ask me more about that ... Please don't ask me how he got in my tummy. Please God .. Please .. it's too early in the morning, it's too early ... in his life.... I'm not ready!!!
T: OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHH! Ok, I get it......So, mom - today at our field trip - I wonder who I'm going to sit next to on the bus.
Thank you Lord.
4 comments:
LOL!!!!!! You are so freakin cute, Heather Heaton!! How can we stand it?!! I love to sleep anytime, too!
Glad you breezed through that one. Very deep thoughts, that T - such a cutie!!
xo,
M
WOW! wonder what the person on the bus got to hear about that?
where do ya'll tailgate??
we are hoping auburn will surprise us with a big win!! ;) [not holding me breath though!!!]
Heath-- you are SO great at answering the questions! I'm calling you the minute my child asks me a toughie... "Ok, let's call Aunt Heathie". Ha! I love you.. glad you are feeling better. Will call you tomorrow!
Post a Comment