Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Perspective

I am a half full type. Does that shock you? More than that, I worry. I worry about the 'what ifs', I worry about the future, I worry about the past - I do enough worry for my entire family.


There are always things that I worry about. Most of the biggies that I'm sure most of you worry about also ... the health of my kids, the health of my husband, my kid's choosing the right friends, the character of my children and my role in that, my health (weight), finances ....

Today, and in this season of my life, I am trying to focus more on NOT worrying and just being. NOT worrying and just letting God do His thing. Nothing in life takes Him by surprise.


I hear stories about people and it always throws me right back at my own life and it puts things into perspective. Like, when my kids are driving me insane ... I think of this woman.

Like, when I think about how we don't have the money to afford this or that ... I think of this person.



I read your stories and I am reminded that I am not dealing with a life threatning illness. I can get up and walk, run with my kids. There is not a wheelchair holding me down. My children are healthy. I am blessed - my family is blessed. The Lord is in control - he holds my future in His hands.

Today, I'm reminding myself - sometimes hourly - that this is the case.
Perspective - get back to it.

Luke 12:25: And which of you by worrying can add a single hour to his lifespan?


7 comments:

kpb said...

i needed that today!

Mary Hudgins Balicki said...

me too! i love you heather! :)

Rox said...

You are just the bomb-diggity girlie : )
This helped me today more than you know..... really.
Thank you for joggin over to my blog and leaving the sweet comment. That menat a lot too. Yes, our kids are the same ages. T and K are both about to go into the 1st grade. She will be 7 in November. S's birthday is today (4). He and A were in the same baby class at PCBC remember? I put some sweet pictures of him up today on my blog. Check them out if you get a minute.
xoxo
Rox

TMB said...

amen! it is SO easy to worry--and since having dylan, it has been 100x's easier to worry.

thankfully--our Creator is in absolute control, i just need to remind myself of that more often! thanks for reminding me today!

xo

Katie B said...

If we could add a day or even a second by worry my mother will live to be 1,000,000! I totally understand the struggle. NOT worrying forces us to put our faith in to practice. Do we really believe God's got this? Do we really believe nothing is a surprise to Him? Not worrying is, for me, all about trust in who we KNOW God is.

ers said...

no worries. you have people praying for you and your sweet family. smooch.

Cstargel said...

It's funny sometimes at night when I'm singing Andrew his bedtime songs (that's what he asks for every night!!!) I'll sing:

He's got the whole world in His hands, etc. etc.

He's got Andrew & Lawson in His hands, etc.

He's got mommy & daddy in His hands, etc.

and I have this total epiphany moment like I've never known this concept before...like I'm hearing it for the first time but it hits me "Christy....he REALLY does have the whole world in His hands and that includes your little family on this great big earth."

It still doesn't make it easier not to worry.