Thursday, December 13, 2007

Mary .....


Mary is a fascinating character. I can't imagine what it must have been like to have Jesus in my tummy. I mean, I had a horrible time of morning sickness when I was pregnant with both of my precious children. But, I can't imagine all of a sudden being pregnant - the shame that came with it ... and the uncomfortableness of being pregnant ... and the lack of comforts that we all enjoy now. She must have been an incredible woman.


Our 3 year old daughter, Annie, seems to be completely enthralled with Mary. I'm not sure if it is because she gets to hold a baby ... or because she is portrayed as 'pretty' in most cases. But, either way, Annie loves Mary. You can imagine her joy when she was chosen to be Mary in her preschool play. Anyone who would listen to her would learn that she was going to be Mary .... and we have watched the video of her performance yesterday probably 13 times this morning. I just watch her while she watches it and she has the biggest smile on her face.


I pray that she will be as wise and obedient to the Lord as Mary was ....


Here is a picture for you of my sweet little girl.

4 comments:

Toom said...

How cute is this little girl?

Not biased at all...Daddy

Anonymous said...

Sport thinks she's pretty cute and outrageously adorable. "O 'Nay!"

Molly Scarbrough said...

Heather! Adriane just told me about the blog... can't wait to keep up with y'all. Annie is precious as Mary!

Adriane said...

well, my sweet little niece is the best lookin' Mary that I've ever personally seen!!:)

Love you, Heathie... love the blog!:)

Adriane