Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Happy Birthday Poppi!


In one of my previous posts, I mentioned that it wasn't Christmas until my Poppi (and Nanny) came to Atlanta..... today would have been Poppi's 91st birthday.


We lost sweet Poppi at the end of October this year after a long fight with various illnesses.


This was a man with a heart bigger than most.

This was a man with a smile to light up a room.

This was a man who would fight for his country - and almost lose his life.

This was a man who worked hard for the Sears company his entire life.

This was a man who taught my mom her love for golf on Sunday afternoons on TV.

This was a man who loved women and knew how to treat them with respect and shower them with love.


This man was the father of my mother ... and if nothing else, I am thankful for him for that alone.

I cannot imagine life without one of my parents ... and this Christmas, my mom spends her Christmas without any parents at all. Thankfully, the Lord made it that we are all around to love on her and be her family ... past, present, and future.


Happy Birthday sweet Poppi. We think about you all the time ... and we hope that you are playing with Libby today.


2 comments:

Adriane said...

Oh my gosh, Heather... tear jerker!

Anonymous said...

My Dad was so special to me. He was everything that Heather said & more. I miss him tremendously, but like I told him the day before he died, you have taught me so much & I have tried my best to pass that along to our girls. What a blessing he was to me, my brothers & our family.