Sunday, April 3, 2011

swollen

it's a physical thing.
it happened to me REALLY bad when i was pregnant. i have a picture of me all swolled up - but i can't even bring myself to show you.

when i eat too much salt - i swell.
when i have wine - i swell.
when i cry - my eyes swell.

it's physical.

lately, i have felt the physical swell in  my chest.

when i watch my sweet girl be a good friend to a girl who is having a hard time. asking me to pray for her - seeing the tender emotions of my little one. knowing that she has a gift of listening. comforting. encouraging.





when i hear my boy's name win first place in something other than sports. and be just as excited for his friends who were there as participants, alternates, and second place winners


when i see my daughter with good friends. using her imagination. dressing up like her brother and belting out "the boys are back" ... and that being the most favorite outfit that she came up with -- cause it was wearing T's clothes

Seeing T make a sport's team - and not being able to celebrate like he would like to b/c he was sad for a few who didn't make the cut. Seeing the genuine concern for his friends. Knowing that he was excited - but anticipating the sadness for some of his friends.


I felt my heart SWELL with pride for these kids. Sometimes I just look at them and I wonder how on earth God chose Tommy and me to parent these kids.

iamthankful.


4 comments:

DavidLFields said...

How awesome it is when we see our children bear the fruits of the spirit. Not because we TELL them too but because they know how much it means. To Themselves, to you , and to God.

What a blessing.

Mary Hudgins Balicki said...

Love these blessings, HH! Precious little God-stops. They keep us going. xoxo!

Jamie said...

HH -
I miss you and all the words you have to say. If your blog is the only way that I can get your inspired words ... I'll take it!

Love you and miss you tons!

Ninja

Rebekah said...

I celebrate HIM with you in the lives of your kiddos. Thankful, too! :)

Love and more love,
Bek