Tuesday, May 18, 2010

a view from a JouRnaL

2nd grade .... it's over.
Kindergarten ... never again.

Hard to believe that next year I'll be the mom to a 1st grader and a 3rd grader.

I used to think those moms were old.

I guess I'm that old parent now....

So, in tribute to the years that are fleeting ... here are a few entries from the kids' journals.


and sweet she is .......

and from the 2nd grader.....

that's a pretty true statement and my boy loves candy...

Just a few more ....



or how about this?


and there can't be a more true statement than this one ...

cause when i see this ... i feel like he may be a baseball player when he grows up.


but maybe the one that i am most proud of ...

7 comments:

Leigh-Ann said...

I heart this. I'm so sad.

Cstargel said...

Maybe my favorite post ever!!!!

Precious, precious children!!!

Proud of you Mama!

paige said...

oh my ....if 1st & 3rd grade mamas are old....???

teasin

precious post my friend
i LOVE their journals. those were a few of the things i've held onto too. i love their little written words & handwriting when they are "little" like that

fantastic shot of you & baby girl too
xo

kpb said...

i am crying up! You're doing something exactly right with those babies of yours H . . .

Linda (Nina's Nest) said...

Oh, my, it's so bittersweet! Darling kiddos! Tell Tommy thanks for stopping by! Linda

The Flukers said...

Sooo sweet! Thanks for your comment! I was hoping you'd stumble across that picture! haha I'm sure I will have MANY memories of our summer there this month! First time back...so excited. Have a great summer with your precious kids!

Rebekah said...

Your kiddos are irresistible!!! Love them and those sweet journal entries!!