Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Peace

It's hard to find these days....

But we found it this weekend. At a little place an hour or so north of the city ....


A few good friends gathered for the weekend - at a quaint little house.
6 adults - 6 kids.


We drove up and all of us just let out an "Ah..." in unison. It was just heavenly.
Looking at the backyard - was a beautiful fairway.


T loved that the most b/c he felt it was his own personal little football field -- and Tommy was willing to throw with that boy all day long.  They probably threw the football about 4 hours every day. Which resulted in a generous portion of Icy Hot on poor dad's arm on Sunday night. They had a ball --I feel like if we lived there, we would never even turn on a Wii.


Sweet friends.
Sweet kids.



A.C. spent her time in the kids' faces thinking that she was the boss babysitter.


(wow. i'm not sure about the 'peace signal' - i just don't know what to say)

She asked me if we could sit on the swing and just 'talk'. Of course I would do that anytime with my girl. But, it was so peaceful there -- so quiet. So little to do - it was easy. And, I'm so glad that I carved out some time with just her. I asked her who told her that it was good to have talks on the swing -- "I did. I figured it out" - good girl.



The kids got to do the pool thing for one more time this season ....






And, I got to hang with my husband's friend's wives ... who luckily - are some of my favorite people in the whole world.
*Tara - can't believe I got NO pics of you and your sweet kids!!*

5 comments:

kpb said...

where is this? Looks wonderful!

paige said...

wow
quaint?
little?
holy cow, it looks like a gorgeous mansion!!

so wonderful that you guys are treasured friends...
precious shots
xo

Toom said...

OM! Annie is "2 Legit 2 Quit"!

ers said...

great post. maybe my two blog friends will see my babies growing from your post. Thank you for the sweet post and sweet time together. i love you. (annie trully my work day with her peace pic, and then tommy's comment cracked me up harder!)

Mary Hudgins Balicki said...

so glad y'all had fun, it sure looks like it. xoxo!!
mb