Thursday, September 25, 2008

Birthday Club

Sometimes when I say "Birthday Club" I feel silly. But, I mean ... that's the name, so we just go with it. If you spend any time around me, you may hear me say ... "Yes, she is in my birthday club" or "Aw. I can't ... I have Birthday Club" ... or "I am so excited about Birthday Club tonight" ... people are probably sick of it ... but, I don't know how else to say it.

What it is - for all my blogging friends who don't know - is 12 friends. These are people that I have known for a LONG time - and some that are new friends who have joined our group. We have been meeting once a month for the past 6 years. We have shared marriages, babies, death, infertility, life ... we share life together.

Today we leave on our annual beach trip ... same house, 4th year. We are leaving 2 behind this year with nursing babies ... but, they are in our thoughts and will be excited about hearing about our trip.

So, I'm off ... no kiddos, no hubby, no worries. Just a weekend full of bike riding, walking, reading, cooking ... just kidding, laying out -- you know everything that gets a little hard when you have little ones with you!!!!

So, I'll be back with pictures on Sunday b/c I FINALLY GOT A NEW CAMERA!!!!!!!

6 comments:

kristen said...

Sounds like soooooooo much fun!!!

Mary Hudgins Balicki said...

OMG, take lots of pics!!! :)
I'm jealous!
Love you so,
Mary

ers said...

i miss you so much girlfriend. thank you for your email the other day, i am getting to writing you back. iwent straight to that blog, and i have to tell her too. Have so much fun. you deserve it. love you

TMB said...

have SOOOOO much fun!

paige said...

what a wonderful treat!
can't wait to see beach pics with your new camera!
ps-left a little link for you on my blog a few entries ago
xo

kpb said...

send us those pics (only the acceptable ones) :)