Do you have a bucket list?
Have you written it down?
I haven't. But I want to.
One of the top 10 things that would be on the list would be to attend a MAJOR tennis tournament. wimbeldon-australian-french-US Open
if you made me chose ONE - it would be this one...
 |
Flushing, NY - US Open
and I'm so happy that I just went ahead and DID IT!
a good friend of mine and i talked about back in March - and last Sunday -- we set out.
it was a journey.
we had the most hilarious adventures.
we started off in the city
after we checked in to a hotel that was a LITTLE sketchy.
you would think that MAYBE the mirrors on the ceiling would have given it away -- nope, i thought it was more of a boutique hotel... nope, not at all.
you would think that maybe the bullet proof glass upon checkin? - nope, i though the decor was 'charming'.
wow .. .i was W.R.O.N.G.
what if i told you that there was hair when we pulled back the sheets?
Or that the entrance really looked like this ... completely under construction? (that first pic is the one i saw on the internet)
After lots of laughs - a few choice words to the hotel staff, and an iPad that helped us find somewhere else to stay - we were off.
not before we saw a man bring a prostitute in... anyway.
i can assure you i have never been more happy to see a room that looked like this....
then we knew our trip would be incredible.
here are some pics of the amazing tennis i saw:
Elena Dementiava
Soderling
Venus (legs are bigger than they appear) - you wouldn't believe the muscles.
i had to throw this in b/c this baby screamed during an entire match - even the chair umpire turned to see. not sure why you bring a baby to a 4 hour tennis match -- but, alas. they did.
my man Roger...
Baghdatis
Georgia Boy Robbie Ginepri
he's amazing - this is the night he got the ball thru his legs...
Novak - such fun to watch. This is the day we found 2 passes to club level. We were about 6 rows up from the court!
Chris and Mary Jo
Raffa may have won my heart ....
i do LOVE his passion -- and humility.
the other match where we were courtside ... thanks to a lucky find of 2 passes to Aces Restaurant CLUB LEVEL!
So, if you have a chance to check something off the bucket list.
JUST DO IT
Thanks to Jenn to helping me make a dream come true...... |
7 comments:
matt and i have been watching the US Open every year on our couch! One day we will get up there and do it. Looks like a great trip. Glad you got to go!
All of their legs are AMAZING! wow! So glad you did that....it's something you'll never forget! Can't wait to hear more about it....the hair on the bed LITERALLY made me gag.
P.S. Mallory Havig?
Yes, literally, Christy, I am gagging at the hair. Ok-- 1. Could I have the last girl in blue's legs and 2. Sweet Asian baby. Cannot imagine taking a baby to a tennis match! Geez. What a stressor. Love you. So glad you had a blast! You deserved it.
so fun! What's next on your list . . .?
What a fun girls trip! Good for you!!! So glad y'all switched hotels. I would have thrown up at the sight of that HAIR!!
I am putting this on my list! Love your story, Heather!
Amy
JC and I just talked about our "bucket list". I told him, (in total Ninja fashion) "I don't need a bucket list because I'm never dying".
Miss you lots!
Ninja
Post a Comment